The conference was organized by Agri4D, SIANI, Focali, Future Agriculture, Future Forests and the Forest initiative and was held at SLU in Uppsala 28-29th of September 2011.
The report from the conference summarizes the keynote speeches, session presentations and panel discussions on the following topics:
• Meeting the Global Food Challenge with Effective Technologies, Policies & Institutions
• Livestock Production in Developing Countries – Globally Significant and Locally Relevant
• Ensuring Food Security
• Risk Management of Animal Diseases
• Future Agricultural Research
• Scales and Diversity in Forest Ecosystems
• Land Tenure and Governance
• Future Forest Research
• Transboundary Pathogens
• Smallholder Diversification
• Smallholder Agriculture and Forestry
• Raising Smallholder Productivity
The theme of the 2012 conference is “Agricultural Research for Development: Innovations and Incentives”. The conference is this year organized by the networks: Agri4D
, Focali, Future Agriculture
and Future Forests
and will be held at SLU
in Uppsala on the 26-27th of September 2012.
Read more about “Scales and Diversity” and the upcoming “Innovations and Incentives” in the conference document, which can be downloaded here.